GA

Sunday, May 9, 2010

FAQs on Intellectual Property protection

Questions:

How Do I Protect My Intellectual Property in the U.S?

How can I protect my business from intellectual property theft?

How should I protect my intellectual property?

How long does patent, trademark or copyright protection last?

Patents:

Trademarks:

Copyrights:

Do I need to file for protection overseas?

How else can I protect my copyright and/or trademark?

Who in the U.S. Government can help me protect my intellectual property domestically?

How Do I protect My Intellectual Property Abroad?

How can I prevent intellectual property theft abroad?

How do I register my trademark, patent, or copyright abroad?

A foreign company is using my trademark, patent or copyright in a foreign country.

How can I check the credentials of a potential foreign business partner?

How can I find information on intellectual property in:

  1. Brazil
  2. China
  3. Europe
  4. India
  5. Korea
  6. Mexico

Are email offers to participate in a foreign investment opportunity legitimate?

Who in the U.S. Government can help me in obtaining and protecting my intellectual property abroad?

How Do I Report Counterfeit and Falsely Labeled Goods?

How do I report counterfeit goods?

I suspect an item I purchased which claims to be “Made in the USA” really isn’t, where should I report this suspicion?




source

Guide to Patent Law and copy rights worldwide
go here

Intellectual Property Management
go here

No comments: